After planing and registering at SRO, I start the experiment. And there cames the first problem: Find a bot, not a virus. But first things first.
I tried the googlemethod to find a bot. I got results, a lot of results. But your antivirus made a message firework. So I can say, viruses and their friends are the punishment for botting.* So I switched to a full linux machine (no vmware, and similar programes). It was a war against foregin languages, registrations, anonymity, and trojans, and other nice programs.
I have downloaded 200 MB of files. After the viruschecks (clamav,virustotal.com and lokal scanner) whe had only 25 MB. But I had botnames, i can use for an ohter search.
At the end, I removed all files, and used the botnames for querying google. Now I try to get some "good" bots. The next step is testing the bots and inform about detectability.
To manage this point (finding a bot), I need about 12 hours on a sunny day
* If you want to ruin your system, try this... ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment